Our client is a boutique Financial Services business that is experiencing rapid and sustained growth. To support this growth, they are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to drive the accounting and reporting function for the business.
Reporting into the Financial Controller your main responsibilities will include managing the month-end process and driving efficiency gains across all financial processes. You will also have line management responsibility for a junior colleague based overseas.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading the day-to-day activities for month-end process, helping support the delivery of a slick Management Information pack containing financials and KPI information.
- Ownership of group consolidation processes and controls
- Owning the Accounts Payable process, from billing through to payment including Netsuite postings and reconciliation
- Management of employee expenses and credit card processes including controls, reporting, and Netsuite reconciliation
- Owning brokerage and commission reporting and analysis
- Managing the fixed asset register and capitalisation policies; exploring R&D tax credit applications
- Undertaking all tax reporting, including VAT and Corporation Tax
- Maintenance of the Netsuite Handbook to log all process notes and instructions
- Proving support on external audit process; driving year-end closing, preparation of audit packs, and acting as main liaison during audit
- Supporting on the recruitment, training and management of accounting juniors.
- Supporting the budget process, including collaboration with other departments
- Providing analysis and reporting over P&L, including departmental cost centres
- Providing ad hoc analysis requested from senior management
- Supporting the daily payment process to ensure clients receive excellent service
- Supporting cash control and treasury optimisation processes
- Working with the Operations team to ensure reconciliation differences are addressed, communicated, and documented continuously
- Reporting on loans to all relevant stakeholders
Process improvement and project management
- Understanding the technical aspects of the Netsuite system, identifying process improvements, and liaising with external consultants to implement
- Promoting strong risk management; continuously testing process to identify and help solve gaps in processes and controls
- Management of smaller projects to deliver efficiency gains, control enhancements, and process automation
- You are a qualified accountant (preferably ACA)
- You have an understanding of the Netsuite accounting system with a strong knowledge of underlying processes and records
- You have excellent attention to detail and pride yourself on the accuracy of your accounting and your ability to hit deadlines
- You relish the opportunity to enhance processes in order to boost efficiency as the business grows
Flexibility: 3-4 days per week mainly working from home with 6-8 days per month in Central London office.
Location: Home / Central London
Salary: up to £60,000 FTE
Account Manager: Jennifer Brooks